At a time when the country is rethinking its drug policies large and small, one state raises to the forefront of national attention. Once a pioneer in legalizing medical marijuana, the state of Montana is poised to become the first in the nation to repeal its medical marijuana law. Set against the sweeping vistas of the Rockies, the steamy lamplight of marijuana grow houses, and the bustling halls of the State Capitol, CODE OF THE WEST follows the 2011 Montana State Legislature as it debates the fate of medical marijuana. This is the story of the many lives and fraught emotions tied to one of the most heated policy questions facing the country today.
- Directed and Produced by Rebecca Richman Cohen
- Produced and Edited by Francisco Bello
- Co-producer and Director of Photography: Joshua Z. Weinstein
- Executive Producer: David Menschel
- Consulting Producers: Jim Butterworth & Daniel J. Chalfen
- Field Producer/Production Sound: Mike Kasic
- Field Producer/Additional Camera: Ian Kellett